Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Learning to Love (Yourself) Again..

I'm not entirely sure what's changed in me recently, but can I just say: I've become quite a bad-ass recently! Just in the way I can handle myself and stick up for myself.

If you knew me, you'd know that I have probably THE biggest heart EVER. I'd like to think that I can love everyone for their flaws and always see the good in people. As a result of that, I've been taken advantage of- often. I'm what most people would call, "a push-over", I will do ANYTHING to make someone happy. And as a result of that, I've compromised my personal happiness multiple times.

Now I'm not entirely sure why I've recently been able to suddenly grow a backbone, but let me say, I love it! I'm not saying I've become an asshole, I'm not saying I don't still DEEPLY care for other people, but I am saying I've started to care for myself more.

I've recently noticed this change, mostly in my dating life. Before, I would do something I didn't want to- just to make someone else happy. NOW, if I don't want to do something- I don't! Simple as that. If I don't like something, I don't like it. I've started to learn how to classify my likes and dislikes.

Being single isn't easy. In fact it's hard, extremely difficult. But as the old saying goes, "Nothing worth having is easy." And let me just say, in regards to being single, I completely agree! Being single isn't easy, but being miserable in a relationship is a hell of a lot harder.

At this point in my life, being single is all about learning once again, about me. When you're in relationships off and on for multiple years, you find yourself getting lost. And that's probably what some of the pain in a break-up is: realizing that you lost yourself.

If you're single right now, don't give up. It gets better, in fact, it gets a HELL of a lot better. And soon you'll be sitting in the same seat I'm in- being a bad-ass and knowing how to date people and still be yourself.

Talk to you soon!
Xoxo,
Brookilynne 

No comments:

Post a Comment